Could You Have Chronic Inflammation?
Do you have chronic inflammation, and would you even know if you did?
We all know what regular inflammation is, right? You sprain your wrist and it swells, bump your head and get a big goose egg, etc….that’s inflammation. It’s the body’s response to trauma. Chronic inflammation, however, is a symptom of a much larger problem. It’s like your immune system has been set to be “on” continuously. It floods your body with defense mechanisms that end up damaging it. So how do you know if this is happening to you?
Signs of Chronic Inflammation
- You Can’t Lose Weight. Do you have extra fluff on your midriff, the so-called “spare tire”? That’s a sign of chronic inflammation.
- Brain Fog or Depression. That feeling of not being able to concentrate fully, forgetting things often, not thinking clearly. Your brain chemistry is actually affected!
- Tired all the time. Do you feel like no matter what you do, you just can’t get enough rest? Or sleep well enough to feel truly rejuvenated?
- Digestive Issues. Leaky gut is really the crux of the issue, so digestive problems like gas, bloating, diarrhea, and constipation are super common.
- Allergies. A sure sign your body is overloaded!
- Skin problems.
So You have Chronic Inflammation….Now What?
There are a lot of things you can do to help calm inflammation, and one of the biggest ones changing what you eat. Less sugar, no grains, anti-inflammatory foods, etc. Plus, self care.
A year ago I tried the Wahl’s Protocol, and I got amazing results. I felt good, energy was up, I lost like 10 pounds of inflammation in two weeks…it was crazy. But the amount of fruits and veggies was too harsh on my gut, and I had to stop. I’m curious to see if I can handle it now that some other healing has been done. I definitely need it. My digestion is off, I can’t lose weight, I feel sluggish, I’m tired….
What I LOVE about Wahl’s is that instead of feeling like you are limiting what you eat and dieting, you’re working to get in enough good foods. For me, that means 3 cups of greens, 3 cups of sulfur veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, etc), and 3 cups of colorful fruits and veggies (where the color goes all the way through, like berries, peaches, cantaloupe, beets, carrots, etc.) It’s not that you can’t eat an apple or banana, but you do have to wait to eat them until you’ve eaten your other 9 cups of fruits and veggies. It makes the other things almost like a reward! As for everything else, it’s pretty paleo, no grains, legumes, etc.
I’m really excited to try again, and to have you all for accountability. I’m going to vlog about it, and write about it as my experience goes on — so hold me to my word! It’s time to start feeling good again!